Breast Augmentation Mammoplasty (Implants) Sydney
Specialist Plastic Surgeon
Dr Ben Norris FRACS
Care for the rest of your life
Total Cost of $11,950
All inclusive, no hidden fees
Any implant choice
- All inclusive price – no hidden fees
- Price includes any implant choice
- Your choice – Natural looking or more obvious looking breasts
- Highest quality round textured implants included
- Day procedure under general anaesthetic and anaesthetist in an accredited hospital
- Highly Trained Plastic Surgeon Dr Benjamin Norris
- Breast Augmentation mammoplasty package $11,950
Breast augmentation (mammoplasty) is one of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgical procedures in the world. Also known as breast enlargement surgery, breast implant surgery, and augmentation mammoplasty, it may be undergone by women who wish to increase the volume in their breasts.
At Form and Face clinics in Bondi Junction and Bella Vista, we are committed to seeing each patient as an individual and helping them achieve the outcomes they desire. With augmentation mammoplasty, Dr Norris is able to completely customise the surgery, selecting the most appropriate placement for a perfectly sized implant.
6 Reasons Women Visit Form & Face for Breast Implants (Mammoplasty)
The reasons women visit Form and Face for their breast augmentation mammoplasty surgeries are as varied as the women themselves. Dr Norris has identified six main reasons that women offer for seeking to have this procedure:
1. Increasing breast size with implants
Most women who seek augmentation mammoplasty simply want to increase the size of their breasts. They want to achieve a certain look; one that makes their clothes fit better or that helps them feel more pleased with their appearance.
2. Correcting breast changes related to childbirth with breast implants
Breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery is one of a variety of services that Dr Norris offers to new mums who consult with him. The surgery helps restore fullness to breasts that have lost volume after pregnancy and may be combined with other surgeries such as a breast lift mastopexy, abdominoplasty, and/or liposuction.
3. Correcting breast asymmetry with implants
Some patients visit Form and Face due to concerns about breast asymmetry. Augmentation mammoplasty can help to rectify this and to improve evenness of breast volume.
4. Reconstructing breasts after cancer surgery or preventive mastectomy
Dr Norris uses implants during breast reconstruction procedures performed following breast cancer surgery, or after preventive mastectomies for patients with a genetic marker for breast cancer. The reconstruction may involve implants (mammoplasty) or a transfer of fat and tissue from the abdomen.
5. Changing breast shape with implants
Some women who seek breast augmentation mammoplasty may be looking to alter their breast shape. Patients may choose between round or teardrop shaped implants according to the look they wish to achieve.
6. Restoring breast volume after weight loss
Significant weight loss can have an effect on a woman’s breasts. At Form and Face, Dr Norris uses breast implants to help restore this lost volume after weight loss.
Snapshot: A good candidate for breast enlargement surgery (mammoplasty)
If you are in good health, a non-smoker, and have realistic expectations about what the outcome of a breast enlargement mammoplasty surgery will have on your life, you may be a candidate to become a patient of Dr Norris.
You might be a candidate for the procedure if you are in good health and are seeking to:
- Achieve fuller, larger breasts
- Balance asymmetrical breasts
- Balance uneven breasts
- Restore breast fullness lost due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, or simple ageing
- Achieve the look you want
However, it is important to note that each patient will have a slightly different surgical plan according to their needs, health, and goals. This means outcomes will vary, and you should discuss what can be achieved in your particular case with Dr Norris during your consulation.
What to expect before breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery
At your first consultation for breast implant surgery (mammoplasty), Dr Norris will speak with you personally about your health, your goals, and your concerns. He’ll evaluate your breasts, make recommendations, answer your questions and take photographs for a before-and-after record of your surgery.
At Form and Face, patient care is a top priority. On the day of your surgery at a fully accredited medical facility, you will be given medications to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure. Dr Norris performs breast enlargement mammoplasty surgery with general anaesthesia.
How Dr Norris performs breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery
The first step of surgery is for Dr Norris to make an incision. Based on the type of breast implant, the degree of augmentation desired, and a patient’s specific anatomy, Dr Norris will choose
1. Periareolar Incision for Breast Implant
The incision is made around the nipple
2. Inframammary Incision
The incision is made along the lower crease of the breast
3. Transaxillary Incision for Breast Implant
The incision is made in the armpit
Dr Norris takes particular care in placing incisions.
Breast augmentation mammoplasty before and after
32yr 360g Teardrop Extra Full Profile Submuscular
24yr 295g Round Moderate Profile Submuscular
21yr 295g Round Moderate Profile Submuscular
42yr 335g Teardrop High Profile Submuscular
Once the incision has been made, Dr Norris is ready to place the implant. As with the type of implant used, placement is determined by factors unique to each patient. Based on those factors, Dr Norris inserts breast implants in one of two spots:
Under the pectoral muscle
Over the pectoral muscle and directly
behind the breast tissue
The entire breast augmentation mammoplasty procedure lasts about an hour (though you will be in hospital for about five hours total). Surgery concludes with Dr Norris closing incisions with dissolvable sutures, skin adhesive, and/or surgical tape.
What type of breast implants will be used?
There are a few decisions to be made when selecting an implant. Below is a beginners guide to understanding implants:
- Polyurethane (furry Brazilian)
- Extra High
- Ultra High
- Anatomical (teardrop):
- Oval Base Anatomical profile inferior lower pole
- Round Base Tear drop profile moderate lower pole
- Oval base Anatomical pole superior lower pole
The most important thing to consider is the size of implant you choose. Most women will choose to have silicone gel implants which mimic the feel of breast tissue. There is currently no scientific evidence that silicone gel breast implants put you at an increased risk of breast cancer, autoimmune diseases or problems when breast feeding. These implants may interfere with the interpretation of a mammogram but this can be avoided if special views are provided at the time of the mammogram. There is evidence to suggest that textured and polyurethane coated implants help to reduce the risk of formation of scar tissue (capsular hardening) in the breast pocket around the implant.
Dr Norris will advise you if he thinks you may require 2 different sized implants. Most woman are asymmetrical but only some need 2 different implant sizes. Most implants increase by size in 15-25cc increments. Most women are only 5-10cc different in size between breasts.
What to expect after breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery
The importance of after-care in the recovery process cannot be overstated. Dr Norris emphasises how important it is to take good care of yourself following a breast augmentation mammoplasty procedure to ensure that your body has time to heal and look its best.
That being said, most patients for breast implant surgery (mammoplasty) at Form and Face are able to return to work within a few days after their procedure.
- Immediately After Surgery – Pain, swelling, and bruising are all common after surgery. Some patients go home immediately after breast implant surgery while others stay in hospital overnight. Following your procedure, you should rest in a semi-upright position to help you stay as comfortable as possible and minimise swelling.
Should you remain in hospital, you will be given pain medication as needed. You will be attended to and cared for to ensure that you feel comfortable and secure during your recovery.
You may experience diminished feeling in your breasts and nipples during your recovery. Dr Norris will recommend breast massage and other exercises to help alleviate discomfort.
A fever and/or noticeable swelling/redness in implanted breast(s) should not be ignored. Form and Face patients are asked to contact Dr Norris immediately should any of these symptoms present themselves.
Actual patients of Dr Benjamin Norris
- The First Few Days After Breast Enlargement (Mammoplasty) Surgery – When you return home, you will continue to take over-the-counter painkillers. You may expect to feel sore and fatigued for several days, so be sure to schedule enough time for rest. Dr Norris will advise that you wear a postoperative bra and compression bandage for extra support and positioning while you heal.
Some women experience tightness in the breast area during this time. This is normal. It’s due to the fact that your skin is adjusting to the size of your new implants.
- The First Few Weeks Following Breast Enlargement (Mammoplasty) Surgery – The recovery time period for mammoplasty surgery depends on whether your breast implants have been placed over or under the muscle (under the muscle placement has a slightly longer recovery time) and what technique your surgeon has used to augment your breasts.
BBreasts may remain swollen and sensitive to the touch for a month or longer. Dr Norris recommends that his mammoplasty surgery patients avoid any strenuous activities that could raise pulse and blood pressure, or which require strenuous use of arms and chest. This can be challenging, but not insurmountable.
Most Form and Face breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery patients return to normal activities within six weeks. Dr Norris cautions active patients to keep their incision sites out of direct sunlight for about a year because the skin in those areas is more delicate.
How much does breast augmentation mammoplasty cost in Sydney?
This is by far one of the most personalised cosmetic surgeries around today. There are a number of different factors that can change the cost of breast augmentation mammoplasty surgery, including the type and size of implant that’s used and whether or not the procedure will be combined with a lift. Anaesthetist, hospital and aftercare costs will also need to be considered before a final cost can be determined. For all Form and Face clients, we offer a breast augmentation mammoplasty package with all-inclusive fees for $11,650. Scheduling a personalised consultation with Dr Norris is the best way to get all details about your mammoplasty surgery price.
In most instances, breast augmentation mammoplasty is not covered by Medicare or private health insurance because it is deemed cosmetic. However, in certain circumstances where a complication has occurred, patients may qualify for a rebate. Overall, the reason for surgery will need to be deemed medically necessary in order for it to be covered.
- Rupture Breast implants are not a lifetime device. Breast implants rupture when the shell develops a tear or hole. Ruptures can occur at any time after implantation, but they are more likely to occur the longer the implant is implanted. Severe capsular hardening can cause an implant to rupture.
- Capsular hardening Hardening around the implant due to shrinkage of the capsule that forms as the body’s natural response to foreign material. One breast might appear firmer and look different to the other.
- Haematoma A collection of blood in the breast pocket, which is either naturally absorbed into the body or sometimes requires further surgical drainage. Symptoms include swelling, pain, bruising, hot to touch, or itchy breast.
- Infection Infections are unpredictable and normally occur in the first 3 weeks after surgery and treated immediately with antibiotics.
- Stretch Marks Are unpredictable and vary between patients. To prevent them we advise the use of vitamin E and bio oil before and after surgery to soften the skin.
Here at Form & Face, we provide patients with a
Lifetime followup guarantee
This means that we will be there for you far beyond the recovery period.
You can rest assured knowing that you can come to us about any
post-surgical concerns for the rest of your life.