Brow Lift Sydney
- Cosmetic elective procedure
- Not covered by private health insurance or medicare
- Possible overnight stay in hospital
With the passage of time and the effects of gravity, the upper face or brow and forehead regions can contribute to a tired and worn appearance. Sagging of these tissues can lead to an appearance of fullness in the upper eyelids even when the eyelids themselves are otherwise fine. Even though anti-wrinkle injections have greatly assisted the treatment of frown lines in the forehead and between the eyebrows over the bridge of the nose, some people might require a surgical procedure to achieve the refreshed appearance they desire.
There are a number of methods for lifting the eyebrows to a more pleasing level including the use of endoscopic or key-hole surgery.
Cosmetic surgery is a personal decision and one every man and woman has their own reasons for choosing to undergo. In your first consultation, Dr Norris will focus on your goals, desires and what you hope to achieve from the procedure. He will also discuss what concerns you about the appearance of your face and what changes you’d like to make. Dr Norris will evaluate your face by assessing your skin tone, condition of droop or sag in your skin and the amount of fatty tissue you have in your face. He will photograph you for your medical records. Dr Norris will discuss how the operation is performed, and where the scar can be placed. You will then be provided with a detailed quotation which outlines your options for surgery. If you decide to proceed with surgery, Dr Norris will see you again at a second consultation.
Dr Norris insists that all patients must stop smoking 2 months before embarking on any type of cosmetic surgery.
Dr Norris performs brow lift surgery in fully accredited medical facilities. You will be introduced to the anaesthetist that Dr Norris works closely with, who will give you a general anaesthetic. The procedure can take up to 2hrs depending on what type of brow lift you are choosing to have. The below diagram is an example of where incisions might be made.
- A brow lift takes approx. 2hrs to perform.
- You will be in hospital for approx. 5hrs or possibly overnight.
- A friend, or responsible adult must collect you from the hospital as you may not drive home.
- You will leave with written post-operative instructions and a prescription for pain-relief.
- Daily short showers are permitted, ensuring your keep the water off your face and wounds. Clean your face with a face washer until Dr Norris instructs you to rinse over with water.
- Within the first 2 days after surgery you will experience the worst of the discomfort, managed by your prescribed pain medication.
- You might have bruising, swelling, tenderness, and sensitivity. Swelling may vary from patient to patient and should resolve by 3 weeks.
- Light exercise is permitted after 2 weeks, such as walking. Resuming normal daily exercise at 6 weeks as instructed by Dr Norris.
- You can return to work after 1 weeks.
- A follow-up appointment will be booked for you on day 3 or 7 after the operation. This is to check your wounds and change the dressing.
- Haematoma A collection of blood in the wound area, which is either naturally absorbed into the body or sometimes requires further surgical drainage. Symptoms include swelling, pain, bruising, hot to touch, or itchy breast.
- Infection Infections are unpredictable and normally occur in the first 3 weeks after surgery and treated immediately with antibiotics.
- Seroma Is a build up of fluid after your surgery that can sometimes require removal via a syringe in the clinic.
Here at Form & Face, we provide patients with a
Lifetime followup guarantee
This means that we will be there for you far beyond the recovery period.
You can rest assured knowing that you can come to us about any
post-surgical concerns for the rest of your life.