- Non cosmetic procedure
- Surgeons fees only start from $3000
- Day surgery only
- Rebates from medicare and insurance approx. $400
- Quick recovery surgery
This procedure is appropriate for woman who are concerned about the appearance of their labia. There are many reasons why you might want to have surgery to change this area of your body. It might be due to pain and discomfort caused whilst having sexual intercourse, wearing your favourite jeans or you might have experienced trauma to the area caused from things such as childbirth. Any of these above mentioned issues are valid and are a good reason to seek the opinion of a plastic surgeon. If you are seeking treatment for internal corrections of your vagina please seek the advice from a gynaecologist/obstetrician.
What happens at the first consultation?
Plastic surgery is a very personal matter and every woman has their own reasons for making the decision. In your first consultation, Dr Norris will focus on your goals, desires and what concerns you. Dr Norris will discuss how the operation is performed and where the incision will be placed. You will then be given a detailed quotation which outlines your options for surgery. If you decide to proceed with surgery, Dr Norris will see you again at a second consultation.
Dr Norris insists that all patients must stop smoking 2 months before embarking on any type of cosmetic surgery.
How is the operation done?
Dr Norris performs labioplasty in fully accredited medical facilities. You will be introduced to the anaesthetist that Dr Norris works closely with, who will give you a general anaesthetic. The procedure is short and will be over in 1 hour. You will be in hospital for approx. 4 hours until discharged. You will remain in tight cotton support underwear and need to wash your wound daily with water until you see Dr Norris for a quick dressing change at day 3-5.
What happens after the surgery?
- Labioplasty will take approx. 1hr to perform.
- You will be in hospital for day surgery only.
- A friend, or responsible adult must collect you from the hospital as you may not drive home.
- You will leave with written postoperative instructions and a prescription for pain-relief.
- Daily showering is encouraged or sitting in a lukewarm salt bath.
- Sexual activity will be limited for the first 3 weeks.
- Within the first 2 days after surgery you will experience the worst of the discomfort, managed by your prescribed pain medication.
- You might have bruising, swelling, tenderness, and sensitivity. Swelling may vary from patient to patient and should resolve by 2 weeks.
- Light exercise is permitted after 2 week, such as walking. Resuming normal daily exercise at 6 weeks as instructed by your Doctor.
- You can return to work after 2 days.
- A follow-up appointment will be booked for you on day 3 or 7 after the operation. This is to check your wounds and change the dressing.
Infection Infections are unpredictable and normally occur in the first 3 weeks after surgery and treated immediately with antibiotics.
If you would like more information regarding labioplasty and the Body Procedures Dr Norris performs please contact us