Male Liposculpture Sydney
Male liposculpture is a minimally invasive procedure that aims to get rid of unwanted pockets of fat. To qualify for this procedure, patients should be at a healthy weight but want to target areas that are no longer responding to diet and exercise.
Since every patient has different requirements and areas of concern, each liposuction procedure will vary. This also means that the cost and time in surgery will differ too.
The areas that are most commonly treated with liposculpture include the stomach, outer and inner thighs, buttocks, arms and love handles.
In many instances, liposuction forms part of other surgical procedures such as tummy tucks (abdominoplasty) and body lifts (belt lipectomy).
Unless it is paired with a second procedure that removes excess skin, male liposculpture can’t get rid of stretch marks. Additional treatments such as laser and microdermabrasion will be required to achieve this.
What happens at the first consultation?
During your first male liposculpture consultation, Dr Norris will discuss your unique concerns with you and find out more about what you hope to achieve by undergoing this procedure. He will then assess the amount of excess fat you have as well as the elasticity of your skin. Any old surgical scars will also need to be evaluated. Along with taking the necessary measurements and photos, Dr Norris will also need to review your medical history to rule out any factors that could lead to potential complications.
Dr Norris will take you through the specifics of how male liposculpture is performed and where the incisions will need to be placed. Taking you through these details will ensure you have realistic expectations about your results as well as the recovery process. You will then be provided with a quotation which will include your surgery options. If you decide to go ahead with the surgery, Dr Norris will schedule a second consultation. Every patient will be given ample time to consider their reasons for wanting to undergo this procedure.
During your second consultation, a date will be selected for your liposuction procedure and Dr Norris will explain how you should prepare for surgery. For one, patients are encouraged to stop smoking at least 2 months before their procedure to ensure optimal healing. There are also specific medications and supplements that will need to be eliminated several weeks before and after your surgery.
Male Liposculpture Before and After – Real patients, real results
Form & Face patient 1 before and after male liposculpture
Form & Face patient 2 before and after male liposculpture
Form & Face patient 3 before and after male liposculpture
Form & Face patient 4 before and after male liposculpture
Male Liposculpture FAQs
How much does a male liposuction cost?
Cost mostly depends on how many areas you want to treat. Every patient has very different requirements – whether this is the areas that need to be treated or the fact that additional surgeries are required. An accurate cost can only be determined following a personalised consultation with Dr Norris who will take your specific needs as well as hospital and anaesthetist fees into consideration. Since male liposuction is not seen as medically necessary, the costs won’t be covered by Medicare or private health insurance. The only time that some of the costs might be covered is if liposuction forms part of a more comprehensive surgical plan. Dr Norris will talk you through your options during your consultation.
How a male liposuction is performed?
Every male liposuction procedure is performed in a fully accredited medical facility for safety and aftercare reasons. Before your procedure commences, Dr Norris will introduce you to the anaesthetist he works with, who will also administer your general anaesthetic. Before the anaesthetic is administered, the necessary markings will be made on the areas you wish to target.
During the procedure, several small incisions are made along the areas that will be treated. From there, a blunt-tipped cannula will be used in a back and forth motion to remove unwanted fat cells. In some cases, an ultrasound device will be used to break up the fat cells before they are suctioned out. Male Liposuction can take anywhere from 1-5 hours depending on how many areas need to be treated. Patients will also be given intravenous fluids during and after their liposculpture session to replace any fluids that are lost due to fat removal.
The incisions will be closed using dissolving sutures so that you don’t need to schedule an appointment to have them removed. A compression garment will also be applied to the treated area to reduce swelling.
You will be moved to a recovery room after your surgery where you will be monitored for several hours before being discharged. There is a chance that drains will need to be placed under the skin after surgery to get rid of excess blood and fluids. The drains will be removed before you are discharged or the day after your procedure.
What happens after the surgery?
- Male liposculpture patients can expect to spend 3 – 6 hours in the hospital before they’ll be discharged
- Compression garments will need to be worn for at least 6 weeks to help reduce swelling and accelerate healing
- Since your range of movement will be restricted, a friend or family member will need to drive you home after surgery. You may also be drowsy because of the pain medication
- Dr Norris will leave you with detailed aftercare instructions as well as a prescription for pain medication to aid recovery
- Daily short showers are permitted, provided your waterproof dressings are dried adequately
- Sleeping may be uncomfortable for a period of time after your male liposculpture. It’s best to get as much rest as you can during your recovery period
- The worst of the pain and discomfort will be experienced during the first 2 days after surgery but this can be managed with the prescribed medication
- Patients can expect some bruising, swelling, tenderness, and sensitivity. Swelling may vary from patient to patient but this usually subsides within a month
- Light exercise such as walking is permitted 2 weeks after male liposculpture procedure. Dr Norris will let you know whether you can resume your usual exercise routine after week 6
- You can return to work after 1 week. However, if your job is physically demanding, you will need to take on lighter duties during the first 3 weeks
- A follow-up appointment will be booked for you on day 7 after the operation. This is to check your wounds and change the dressing
- Patients can expect to see their final results several months after surgery, so some patience will be necessary. The only time that a second procedure will be required is if you gain and lose a significant amount of weight gain after your male liposculpture procedure
- Haematoma – This refers to excess blood collecting in the area that was treated. If the blood isn’t naturally absorbed by the body, it will need to be drained surgically. Haematoma symptoms include swelling, pain, bruising and skin that feels warm to the touch
- Infection – Infection is always possible after any type of cosmetic surgery procedure, with the risks being the highest during the first 3 weeks. Symptoms of an infection include redness around the incisions, itchy skin and high temperatures. Infections should be treated as soon as possible with antibiotics
- Skin Laxity – This may occur for patients who are having a larger amount of fat removed. This can occur if areas such as the inner and outer thighs and arms are treated. Dr Norris will advise you if this is a possible complication. In these instances, patients may need to pair male liposculpture with other body contouring procedures such as a thigh lipectomy or arm lift (brachioplasty).
- Numbness – It’s not uncommon for patients to experience some numbness in the areas that were treated. This potential male liposculpture complication does almost always resolve within a few months if it does occur though.
- Contour Irregularities – The skin can appear bumpy after surgery due to poor skin elasticity, healing issues and uneven fat removal. While these changes are permanent, patients are generally only at risk should they choose an inexperienced surgeon for their procedure.
Here at Form & Face, we provide patients with a
Lifetime followup guarantee
This means that we will be there for you far beyond the recovery period.
You can rest assured knowing that you can come to us about any
post-surgical concerns for the rest of your life.