What is SkinPen microneedling?
The first TGA approved microneedling device on the market, SkinPen creates thousands of microchannels that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. This allows you to treat dull skin with minimal discomfort and downtime. SkinPen has been clinically shown to be suitable for women and men with skin-types ranging from light to very dark.
How does the SkinPen work?
A pen-like device is attached to a disposable cartridge, which contains a series of small needles. As the device moves across the skin, it creates small micro injuries, which aren’t visible to the naked eye.
These small punctures encourage tissue regeneration, which can have positive effects on the appearance of the skin. This tissue regeneration process is referred to as collagen induction therapy (CIT). The CIT process breaks down old and damaged strands of collagen, leaving the skin to produce new, stronger strands. Not only does this improve the appearance of the skin, but the structure and function, too.
When will I see results?
It usually takes up to three months to see a visible improvement and multiple sessions are often required.
What can I expect immediately after the treatment?
- A slightly flushed appearance immediately that can last up to 24 hours
- Skin will start to flake within the first 48 hours and can last up to seven days
- Rarely, some mild swelling, redness, or bruising can be experienced for a few days
What skin conditions can be treated with SkinPen microneedling?
- Acne scarring
- Uneven texture
- Enlarged pores
How much down time will I have?
- This is dependent on the patient, as the recovery process is slightly different for everyone
- ·Most patients can resume their usual activities the next day. However, this excludes any activities that would produce excess sweat and irritate the skin
Here at Form & Face, we provide patients with a
Lifetime followup guarantee
This means that we will be there for you far beyond the recovery period.
You can rest assured knowing that you can come to us about any
post-surgical concerns for the rest of your life.