Face Surgery Procedures
Facial plastic surgery procedures at Form & Face in Sydney can help improve your appearance and bodily function. By lifting sagging skin, it gives you a more refreshed appearance. It also improves your facial contours by reshaping different structures. Aside from cosmetic purposes, it can also correct structural defects in your face. This in turn improves your visual and breathing function.
What are the different facial plastic surgery procedures?
Who are the ideal candidates for the surgery?
Not everyone can have the surgery. During your consultation, we will check your health history to know if you’re a good fit for the procedure. In general, you are an ideal candidate if:
- You are not allergic to the anaesthesia or any of its components.
- You are not taking medications that can increase your risk of complications.
- You are willing to follow your surgeon’s instructions before and after your procedure.
- You don’t have a bleeding disorder.
- You don’t have a skin infection.
- You don’t smoke.
- You have good physical and mental health.
- You have realistic expectations and a positive outlook.
How much does facial plastic surgery cost in Sydney?
There a lot of factors that you need to consider with regards to the total costs of your surgery. These include the following:
- Costs of the materials used
- Follow-up appointments
- Operating room costs
- Type of anaesthesia used
- Your anaesthetist’s fees
- Your health condition
- Your surgeon’s fees
What is the recovery like?
Most surgeries involving the face need a shorter recovery time. Your surgeon usually prescribes pain relievers and anti-inflammatories after your surgery. This helps control pain, swelling, and other discomforts. You will also need to avoid strenuous activities for 4 to 6 weeks to prevent injury. To speed up your recovery, your surgeon will provide specific aftercare instructions.
What are the benefits of the face surgery?
The surgery offers the following benefits:
- Adds volume to your face.
- Boosts your self-confidence.
- Improves your breathing and vision.
- Improves your facial contours.
- Improves your quality of life.
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Does the surgery hurt?
Most of the procedures require general anaesthesia. This helps reduce pain and other discomforts during your surgery. Any discomfort that you may feel after the procedure can be treated with pain relievers.
How long do the results of the facial plastic surgery last?
The results of the surgery may vary from patient to patient. This will depend on several factors such as:
- How you care for your face.
- The type of your surgery.
- Your body type.
- Your skin condition.
- Your surgeon’s skills.
It is important to keep in mind that the surgery cannot prevent the effects of ageing on your face. You may need another surgery in the future to maintain your results.
What does a facial plastic surgeon do?
He or she performs surgeries that involve the face and neck region. This includes surgeries that enhance the appearance of your face. It can also include procedures that improve the function of certain facial structures.
Can plastic surgery change your face?
Yes, the procedure can improve the appearance of your face. For optimal results, more than one surgery can be done at the same time.
What are the risks and complications associated with the surgery?
There are risks and complications with any surgical procedure. For facial plastic surgery, you may experience any of the following:
- Abnormal scarring
- Changes in skin sensation
- Changes in the sense of smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Poor results
- Severe pain, bruising or swelling
- Vision changes
To prevent complications, we will check your health history before your surgery. Each of our procedure will be performed by a highly experienced surgeon to achieve your desired results. This also ensures a high level of patient safety.