Anti-Wrinkle Injections Sydney
- A 30 to 45-minute procedure, typically.
- Minimal downtime – most patients return to work the same day.
- Minimal discomfort- as icy poles, numbing cream, dental nerve blocks and laughing gas are offered at no cost.
- Long-lasting results 3-4 months +.
Anti-Wrinkle treatments have been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration in Australia since 2002, but have been used for various medical conditions (twitches, tics and spasms), since 1989.
These injections, performed in our Sydney Clinic, work by relaxing the muscles responsible for creating fine lines and wrinkles.
At Form & Face Sydney Clinic, our Aesthetic Nurse Specialists have been injecting Dermal Fillers in Australia, since 1992. They work very closely with our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Ben Norris, to work in accordance with the patient’s goals and prioritise patient safety.
How do Anti-Wrinkle injections work?
When injected, the neuro-toxin is placed into the muscle responsible for the contractions. Anti-Wrinkle injections block the chemical messenger, acetylcholine, which in turn prevents the transmission of signals going to the muscle. As a result, the muscular contractions stop or are minimised, depending on the patient’s desire and/or cost. This aims to reduce the appearance of expression lines and wrinkles at the surface of your skin. It can also be used on people who wish to stop the formation of deeper wrinkles.
Is the treatment painful?
- Most people think it is not painful but similar to a mild sting like a mosquito that disappears quickly.
- The super tiny needles used are smaller than a diabetic needle.
- To make your experience at Form and Face most comfortable, you will be offered icy poles, a topical anaesthetic cream or nitrous oxide (laughing gas), to ensure that you are relaxed and relatively pain free.
Anti-Wrinkle injections before and after – Real patients, real results
Patient 1 – Anti-wrinkle injections to the mouth
Patient 2 – Anti-wrinkle injections to corners of the eyes
Patient 3 – Anti-wrinkle injections to forehead
Patient 4 – Muscle relaxant to the mouth
Are there any differences between Anti-Wrinkle injections and Dermal Fillers?
Anti-wrinkle injections contain a substance that relaxes the muscles by preventing the transmission of signals that are responsible for creating muscular contractions. Once these contractions are gone, this can prevent the skin from contraction, which helps to reduce the formation of wrinkles.
In contrast, dermal fillers contain a gel-like substance that is found naturally in your skin: hyaluronic acid. When injected, this substance refines lines and adds volume and/or fullness to the treatment area. It also provides hydration to your skin.
Anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers can be used together
Other, non-cosmetic uses of Anti-Wrinkle injections include:
- Migraine headaches
- Teeth clenching or grinding
- T.M.J (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder)
- Excessive sweating to scalp, forehead and underarms (Hyperhidrosis)
Who is suitable for treatment?
Anyone seeking treatment should have good physical and mental health, realistic expectations, and a positive outlook. If you have any allergies, skin infection, muscle or nerve condition, or undiagnosed medical condition, you should inform your Aesthetic Nurse Specialist to prevent complications. You cannot be treated while pregnant, breast feeding or undergoing IVF treatments, or if you are unwell.
How will I care for the treated area?
- Stay in an upright position, sitting or standing for the first 4 hours, after your treatment.
- Avoid vigorous washing, massaging, or rubbing the treated area/s for 12 hours.
- Avoid strenuous activities for 24 hours.
- You can return to work immediately as redness & swelling is gone in approximately 15 min and bruising is rare.
How long will the results last?
The results vary from patient to patient. This will depend on several factors like the strength of the muscles to be injected, the dosage needed to provide the desired result, and the location to be injected.
- It takes 2-3 days for anti-wrinkle injections to exert their effect on the underlying muscle. The effects are gradually seen each day.
- Full results are seen in 10-14 days, so be patient.
- Maintenance treatments are required at 3-4 months to ensure long-lasting effects.
- Excessive exercise, extreme pain, stress, social drug use, and medication that speed up the metabolism may also reduce results.
Are there any side effects associated with the treatment?
Side effects are rare and mild in nature, including the following:
- Bruising is rare and is often gone in less than 5-7 days (make-up will usually conceal).
- Inflammation, redness, and swelling is usually gone within 15-30 minutes.
- Small lumps at treatment site – rare but resolve within 24 hours.
- Headaches – usually occurring on the first day or so and relieved with Panadol.
- Asymmetry – easily adjusted at 2 weeks.
- Heavy eyelids or eyebrows – prescription eyedrops may help a droopy eyelid or extra units to lateral eyebrows.
What concerns can be treated with anti-wrinkle injections?
- Forehead lines
- Brow lifting/shaping
- Lines around the eyes
- Nasal lines
- Gum-prominent smile
- Chin dimpling
- Depressed corners of the mouth
- Wrinkles above the lip
- Definition of jawline
- Vertical Neck Bands
- Facial jawline slimming
- Pore-reduction, decrease oil production
- Low nasal tip
How much do anti-wrinkle injections cost in Sydney?
The total cost of the treatment may vary from patient to patient. This is because anti-wrinkle injections are customised to suit the varying needs of every patient. There are several factors that you need to consider when getting an estimate of the total cost of your treatment.
These include the following:
- The total number of units that you received during your procedure.
determines the cost.
- That number is determined by your specialist and your specific needs.
- The number of areas treated, the strength of the muscles treated and/or what your budget allows (maximum vs baby-tox).
During your initial consultation at Form & Face clinic in Sydney, we will give you a detailed, honest breakdown of the total costs associated with your treatment.
Here at Form & Face, we provide patients with a
Lifetime followup guarantee
This means that we will be there for you far beyond the recovery period.
You can rest assured knowing that you can come to us about any
post-surgical concerns for the rest of your life.