Thigh Lift Sydney
- Cosmetic procedure
- Overnight stay required in private hospital
Thigh lift procedure is requested when there is more than just unwanted fat deposits in the thigh area. If the skin is also lax due to loss of elasticity, then these areas can be lifted to give a more attractive thigh and buttock area. The procedure can be combined with liposuction to further improve the appearance of the upper legs.
Those who have lost a lot of weight can benefit from this operation.
Cosmetic surgery is personal and every man or woman has their own reasons for making the decision to have surgery. Dr Norris will focus on your goals, desires and what you hope to achieve from the procedure in your first consultation. He will also ask you about your concerns and how you would like your thighs to look. Dr Norris will evaluate your thighs by assessing your skin tone, the condition of leg tissue and fatty tissue. He will measure your thighs and photographs will be taken for your medical records. Dr Norris will discuss how the operation is performed and where the scar can be placed. You will then be given a detailed quotation which outlines your options for surgery. If you decide to proceed with surgery, Dr Norris will see you again at a second consultation.
Dr Norris insists that all patients must stop smoking 2 months before embarking on any type of cosmetic surgery.
Dr Norris performs thigh lifts in fully accredited medical facilities. You will be introduced to the anaesthetist that Dr Norris works closely with, who will in most cases give you a general anaesthetic. The possible incision lines are as follows:
- Inner thigh incision (where your underwear line is )
- T incision line (for patients who require more of a lift and have more skin)
- Thigh Lift procedure take approx. 2.5hr to perform.
- You will be in hospital for approx. 1-2 nights
- You will have drains in your legs for approx. 1-3 days depending on how much fluid needs draining.
- You will remain in a surgical garment for 6 weeks.
- A friend, or responsible adult must collect you from the hospital as you may not drive home.
- You will leave with written postoperative instructions and a prescription for pain-relief.
- Daily short showers are permitted, ensuring your waterproof dressings are dried adequately.
- Sleep on your back, elevated by a few pillows for the first 6 weeks. This will reduce your swelling.
- Within the first 2 days after thigh lift surgery you will experience the worst of the discomfort, managed by your prescribed pain medication.
- You might have bruising, swelling, tenderness, and sensitivity. Swelling may vary from patient to patient and should resolve by 2 weeks.
- Light exercise is permitted after 2 weeks, such as walking. Resuming normal daily exercise at 6 weeks as instructed by your Doctor.
- You can return to work after 2 weeks, unless it involves heavy lifting or use of the upper body.You may require to be on light duties for up to 3 weeks.
- A follow-up appointment will be booked for you on day 3 or 7 after the operation. This is to check your wounds and change the dressing.
- Haematoma A collection of blood, which is either naturally absorbed into the body or sometimes requires further surgical drainage. Symptoms include swelling, pain, bruising, hot to touch, or itchy skin.
- Infection Infections are unpredictable and normally occur in the first 3 weeks after surgery and treated immediately with antibiotics.
- Seroma Is a build up of fluid after your surgery that can sometimes require removal via a syringe in the clinic.
Here at Form & Face, we provide patients with a
Lifetime followup guarantee
This means that we will be there for you far beyond the recovery period.
You can rest assured knowing that you can come to us about any
post-surgical concerns for the rest of your life.