Breast Lift with Implants Before and After
Many women desire a breast lift to restore the youthful shape and firmness of their figure, as is often lost with age, pregnancy, gravity and weight loss. However, a breast lift alone will not increase the size of the breasts, which can only be achieved with an augmentation. If you desire both larger and lifted breasts, take the time to look at our breast lift with implants before and after photos to see if Dr Norris’ work appeals to you.
The breast lift with implants procedure
Before undergoing a breast lift with implants, also known as an augmentation mastopexy, you will need to decide on an implant type, texture, shape and size, as well as an implant location. The surgery itself will take between two to three hours to complete and is performed under general anaesthesia.
Dr Norris will make an incision, most often around the areola and vertically down to the breast crease. Once the incisions are made, Dr Norris will remove excess skin and breast tissue and reposition the nipple and areola. Your implants will then be inserted either over or under the pectoral muscle. Dr Norris will then close your incisions with dissolvable sutures.
Potential candidates for breast lift with implants
At Form and Face clinic in Sydney, the first step to determining whether you are a candidate for breast augmentation and implants surgery (or augmentation mastopexy) is to have a consultation with Dr Norris. You are a potential candidate for a breast lift with implants if:
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You dislike the size and appearance of your breasts
- You are unhappy that your breasts have lost shape and volume following pregnancy, weight loss or with age
- Your breasts have a flat or elongated shape
- When unsupported by a bra, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downwards
- Your breast skin is stretched and your areolas are enlarged
- One breast is lower than the other
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
What to expect after an augmentation mastopexy
Following an augmentation mastopexy, you will need to wear a surgical bra to provide support to your breasts. A small, thin tube may also be placed under the skin to drain any excess blood or fluid in the days following your procedure.
You will need to take some time off work to rest following a breast lift with implants, however most patients are able to return to all normal activities, with the exception of strenuous exercise, within two weeks.