When it comes to breast augmentation, the days of “go big or go home” seem to be over. Patients at Form and Face are increasingly seeking more subtle breast enlargement, selecting implants that give a more natural look. This isn’t just happening at our practice in Bondi Junction. As reported in the Daily Mail, “in the last two years the average size of implants people go for has reduced by 30cc.”
The secret is a teardrop.
Round vs. Teardrop Implants: The Natural Winner Is…
People come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. So do breast implants.
- Round – This common implant looks like a compressed sphere. Round implants add upper fullness to the breast, along with cleavage, and lift. One advantage to round implants is their soft, smooth implant shell, which is generally less likely to be noticeable to the touch. Many patients, however, feel that round implants look too symmetrical and unnatural.
- Teardrop – As the name suggests, this implant has a sloped contour that is larger at the bottom than the top. Sometimes called an “anatomical implant,” teardrops mimic the shape of natural breasts. Teardrops are less prone to wrinkling and have a reduced incidence of capsular contracture. They also require fewer post-operative restrictions.
5 Celebrities You Wouldn’t Guess Had Boob Jobs
As with all things fashionable, celebrities are one of the drivers of the new trend for smaller breast implants. Rather than aspiring to look like Dolly Parton or Pamela Anderson (in her Baywatch babe days), women are emulating these subtly more curvy girls:
- Taylor Swift – small implants are perfect for her willowy fame
- Lucy Watson – subtle implants make her bikini-ready, but not top heavy
- Jessica Alba – her petite figure was enhanced, not overwhelmed by petite implants
- Miranda Kerr – small, under-muscle implants make the model curvy, but natural looking
- Gwen Stefani – bigger, but not bolder implants keep Stefani from looking “stuffed”
Singer Katy Perry told Cosmopolitan Magazine this about how her dream for big breasts turned into a nightmare, “I lay on my back one night and I prayed, “Please let me have boobs so big that I can’t see my feet when I’m lying down. I had no clue they would fall into my armpits eventually!” If only she had known about teardrop implants…
Let Us Help You Decide
Dr Benjamin Norris is experienced with all types of breast implants. He’s a master aesthetician and an expert at helping patients select the best implant for their bodies and breast enhancement goals. To learn more, we invite you to reach out to us on 02 9387 3800 or use our online enquiry form.