Breast augmentation is one of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgical procedures in the world. Also known as breast enlargement surgery, breast implant surgery, and augmentation mammoplasty, it has an extensive track record of success.
At Form and Face, we are committed to seeing each patient as an individual and enhancing her one-of-a-kind beauty. With augmentation mammoplasty, Dr Norris is able to completely customise the surgery, selecting the perfect placement for a perfectly sized implant.
This approach allows Dr Norris to achieve the natural-looking results that keep the waiting rooms at Form and Face busy.
6 Reasons Women Visit Form and Face for Breast Implants
The reasons women visit Form and Face for their breast augmentation surgeries are as varied as the women themselves. Dr Norris has identified six main reasons that women offer for seeking to have this procedure:
- Increasing Breast Size with Implants – Most women who seek augmentation mammoplasty simply want to increase the size of their breasts. They feel that implants will make their clothes fit better, help them look more attractive in a swimsuit or tank top, etc.
- Correcting Breast Changes Related to Childbirth with Breast Implants – Breast enlargement surgery is one of a variety of services that Dr Norris offers to new mums who consult with him. The surgery helps restore fullness to breasts that have “deflated” after pregnancy and may be part of a full body makeover that includes a breast lift, tummy tuck, butt lift, and/or liposuction.
- Reconstructing Breasts after Cancer Surgery or Preventive Mastectomy – Dr Norris uses implants during breast reconstruction procedures performed following breast cancer surgery, or after preventive mastectomies for patients with a genetic marker for breast cancer. The reconstruction may involve implants or a transfer of fat and tissue from the abdomen.
- Correcting Breast Asymmetry with Implants – Some patients visit Form and Face because their breasts are not symmetrical. Implants can provide a more even, appealing bust line.
- Changing Breast Shape with Implants – Women who visit Dr Norris often complain about the shape of their breasts. He is able to use breast implants to make their breasts rounder, fuller, and shapelier.
- Restoring Breast Volume after Weight Loss – Significant weight loss can have a noticeable effect on a woman’s breasts. At Form and Face, Dr Norris uses breast implants to restore their appearance, making them look full, firm, and natural.
Snapshot: A Good Candidate for Breast Enlargement Surgery
Breast augmentation may help you feel better about yourself and boost your self-esteem, but it will not change anything else about your life. If you are in good health, a non-smoker, and have realistic expectations about what the outcome of a breast enlargement surgery will have on your life, you are an excellent candidate to become a patient of Dr Norris.
Dr Norris and the team at the Form and Face will help you
- Achieve fuller, larger breasts
- Balance asymmetrical breasts
- Balance uneven breasts
- Restore breast fullness lost due to pregnancy, breastfeeding, or simple ageing
- Look better in your clothes, and out of them
- Appear and feel more youthful
- Feel more attractive and self-confident
What to Expect Before Breast Augmentation Surgery
When a woman contacts us at Form and Face, the first thing we tell her to do is relax because she’s in good hands with Dr Norris, an expert in body sculpting with natural looking results. At your first consultation for breast implant surgery, Dr Norris will speak with you personally about your health, your goals, and your concerns.
He’ll evaluate your breasts, make recommendations, answer your questions and take photographs for a before-and-after record of your transformation.
At Form and Face, patient care is a top priority. On the day of your surgery at a fully accredited medical facility, you will be given medications to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure. Dr Norris performs breast augmentation surgery with general anaesthesia.
How Dr Norris Performs Breast Implant Surgery
The first step of surgery is for Dr Norris to make an incision. Based on the type of breast implant, the degree of augmentation desired, and a patient’s specific anatomy, Dr Norris will choose
- Periareolar Incision for Breast Implant – an incision around the nipple
- Inframammary Incision – an incision on the lower part of the breast
- Transaxillary Incision for Breast Implant – an incision in the armpit
Dr Norris takes particular care in placing incisions so that they are inconspicuous. This helps minimise any visible scarring.
Once the incision has been made, Dr Norris is ready to place the implant. As with the type of implant used, placement is determined by factors unique to each patient. Based on those factors, Dr Norris inserts breast implants in one of two spots:
- Sub-muscular placement – under the pectoral muscle
- Sub-mammary (Sub-glandular) placement – over the pectoral muscle and directly behind the breast tissue
The entire breast augmentation procedure lasts about an hour (though you will be in hospital for about five hours total). Surgery concludes with Dr Norris closing incisions with dissolvable sutures, skin adhesive, and/or surgical tape.
What to Expect After Breast Augmentation Surgery
The importance of after-care in the recovery process cannot be overstated. Dr Norris emphasises how important it is to take good care of yourself following a breast enlargement procedure to ensure that your body has time to heal and look its best.
That being said, most patients for breast implant surgery at Form and Face are able to return to work within a few days after their procedure.
Immediately After Surgery – Pain, swelling, and bruising are all common after surgery. Some patients go home immediately after breast implant surgery while others stay in hospital overnight. Following your procedure, you should rest in a semi-upright position to help you stay as comfortable as possible and minimise swelling.
Should you remain in hospital, you will be given pain medication as needed. You will be attended to and cared for to ensure that you feel comfortable and secure during your recovery.
You may experience diminished feeling in your breasts and nipples during your recovery. Dr Norris will recommend breast massage and other exercises to speed healing and alleviate discomfort.
A fever and/or noticeable swelling/redness in implanted breast(s) should not be ignored. Form and Face patients are asked to contact Dr Norris immediately should any of these symptoms present themselves.
- The First Few Days After Breast Implant Surgery – When you return home, you will continue to take over-the-counter painkillers. You may expect to feel sore and fatigued for several days, so be sure to schedule enough time for rest. Dr Norris will advise that you wear a postoperative bra and compression bandage for extra support and positioning while you heal.
Some women experience tightness in the breast area during this time. This is normal. It’s due to the fact that your skin is adjusting to the size of your new implants.
- The First Few Weeks Following Breast Augmentation Surgery – The recovery time period for breast enlargement surgery depends on whether your breast implants have been placed over or under the muscle (under the muscle placement has a slightly longer recovery time) and what technique your surgeon has used to augment your breasts.
Breasts may remain swollen and sensitive to the touch for a month or longer. Dr Norris recommends that his breast implant surgery patients avoid any strenuous activities that could raise pulse and blood pressure, or which require strenuous use of arms and chest. This can be challenging, but not insurmountable, for women who are eager to “test drive” their new, shapely figures.
Most Form and Face breast augmentation surgery patients return to normal activities within six weeks. Dr Norris cautions active patients to keep their incision sites out of direct sunlight for about a year because the skin in those areas is more delicate.
Possible Complications of Breast Augmentation Surgery
Breast implant surgery carries the same risks as any surgery, including risks for complications from anaesthesia. Beyond these risks, Dr Norris lets patients at Form and Face know about some other risks:
- Rupture after breast implant surgery – ruptures can occur at any time for a variety of reasons, but they are more likely to occur the longer the implant is implanted.
- Capsular hardening with breast implants – hardening around the implant may occur as the body’s natural response to foreign material. It can cause one breast to look different to the other.
- Haematoma after breast implant surgery – Blood can collect in the breast pocket where it is either naturally absorbed or may require further surgical drainage. Symptoms include swelling, pain, bruising, heat to touch, or itching.
- Infection after breast implant surgery – Infections are unpredictable and normally occur in the first 3 weeks after surgery. They are treated immediately with antibiotics.
- Stretch Marks after breast implant surgery – Stretch marks following breast augmentation vary from patient to patient.
What Is the Average Cost of Breast Augmentation Surgery?
“Average” is not a word we use at Form and Face when we are talking about anything to do with physical enhancement. Each breast implant surgery performed by Dr Norris is unique, custom-designed to meet the physical and emotional goals of his patient. For this reason, we do not talk about “average” prices.
If you would like to know more about breast enlargement surgery at Form and Face, please contact our offices on 1800 376 677 to schedule a consultation to get all the details as they apply to you and your beautiful breasts.